Saturday, February 18, 2012

new mom thoughts

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. 
-Rajneesh

I am sitting here with my 9-day-old baby in my arms. 
I am exhausted, to say the least.
The last week and a half have been a blur:  nursing, changing diapers, nursing, and doing laundry. What day of the week is it? Ha.


My world has been turned upside down (and shaken), but I wouldn't trade this new upside down for anything. God has blessed me with a beautiful and healthy baby girl who I fell in love with the very second she entered the world. I knew I would love her but I never dreamed I could love her this much. Amazing.                 


Doc says we should stay away from heavily populated areas (church & grocery) until she is 1 month. I am totally bummed but I know it is best for Lily as her immune system is still weak.


Until then, we will stay inside and hangout together; just me and my Lily.


absolute joy.


John 16:21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jill. Such beauty and blessing. I love that you're writing about this new love. And appreciating that you know it's a short and sweet season. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I hear an AMEN! SO wonderful these early days.

    ReplyDelete